You might want to brush up on your footballing and tactical knowledge or seeking out those guides, as you just can’t get your Football Manager 2011 team playing. Many will also be playing Football Manager 2011 the game for the first time, or at least jumping back on the game after not playing it for some time. Julius, Game, Wonderkid or any other name that he likes to go by depending on the moon cycle has just released a comprehensive guide that is attempting to help fill in the gaps in you Football Manager 2011 knowledge With the ‘Ultimate Football Manager 2011 Walkthrough Guide‘.
If you don’t know Wonderkid already, he is very good at creating big things with a different way of thinking and fun at the centre of it. Setting up Los Wonderkids and Football Manager fanboys he has been around the football manager community talking to other players for a good 5 years.
Looking up to the kings of FM tactics and strategy, this eBook has been created to sit alongside Tactical Thermos and Communication & Psychological Warfare. Does it manage to reach the high benchmark set by FM-Britain?
Jammed pack with information and valuable content covering all the main aspects of the Football Manager game. Building a squad, players, scouting, training, tactics and matches. You definitely get alot of information for your cash as key areas are of the game are covered.
But although this has been touted as the most comprehensive Football Manager guide at times it could be too comprehensive. Alot of walls of text with gold hidden within them. The content is fantastic and contains all the information that you need but the format in which it is presented could have been a little easier on the eye especially when most would be reading on the screen.
Nevertheless this unofficial guide contains everything which the official manual should. It’s definitely a gap that Sports Interactive have left open, and Julius has done well to give familiar users a reference to help refine their knowledge about the game. But it also gives new and casual users a foundation to get to grips with what is become a more and more complex game each year something that has hugely been missed officially in the past.
What you will get over 10 chapters;
1. The Philosophy of Football Management: How to look beyond the game as a spectator and interpret the puzzle. Understand the real dynamics.
2. Approaching The Job: A step-by-step to-do list to easily set up and immerse yourself into a new club. Cover the basics and jump into success.
3. Footballer Genetics: Understanding current/potential ability, attributes, personality traits and preferred moves. What they mean and how to exploit them.
4. Tactical Superiority: Designing formations, philosophies, playing styles, roles, duties, positioning and set pieces. Learn to create tactical masterpieces.
5. Scouting Dynamics: How to build a squad, discover the right talent and assemble the perfect backroom staff team. Learn to look beyond the statistics and see the real player.
6. Training Regime: Getting impactful results from schedules, coaches, tutoring and cultivating a youth squad. Immediately grasp the brand new module for FM2011!!
7. Match Preparation: How to conduct effective pre-match analysis, interpretation and set killer opposition instructions. Discover the real secret to winning games before you kick-off.
8. Touchline Instructions: Understanding each manager shout to make game-changing tactical decisions on the fly. Master the sidelines and command the team.
9. Player Psychology: Inspire your team to glory with pre/post-match team talks and utilizing the assistant manager. Get inside their heads and get them to perform when you need them to.
10. Statistical Analysis: Measuring your club’s performance to tweak management style by reviewing match results. Learn how to find tactical bugs and stop them from occuring.
The guide has definite room for improvement and expanding on the solid foundations that it has laid down. Building upon the strategy element of the game, which will come in the shape of blogs and new editions of the book.
What you will get now is a comprehensive look at the games elements and how they are used giving you the tools to build you own great strategies and become a better football manager.
It is clear that alot of work has gone into the 108 pages and a great effort has gone into ensuring that what has been put into the book is accurate to the game. From my quick read through I can’t fault the content that you will find within the book. I will effectively use it in helping reference and explain the attributes of the game.